There are a few things to look out for in your point of sale, when using the Sales by Category/label feature with Commerce Sync. Some things cause errors on the transfer and require fixes to the category/label in your point of sale.
Here are some things to be aware of when creating and/or adjusting your items, categories and/or labels in your Point of Sale system:
- Limited to 31 characters or less
- Categories/Labels cannot end in a space (Ex. "Beverages ")
- Categories/Labels cannot start with a space (Ex. " Beverages")
- Apostrophe's copied in from Microsoft Word may cause errors (delete them in your point of sale item/category list and retype them in)
- Double colon's are not allowed (Ex. Food::Hot Plates)
- Ampersands (&) will work when syncing to QuickBooks Desktop, but are not supported in QuickBooks Online
- Emoji are not supported
- Unicode characters are not supported
- There may be other special characters that cause issues when transferring into your accounting solution, so be weary when adding those in to the item/category name
Submit a request with our Support Team for any errors that you believe may be caused by the Sales by Category/Label feature.