This guide has been initially drafted for Pilot merchants / early adopters and may change at a moment's notice!
Note: as of November 2018, the following only applies to QuickBooks Online users at first. Apologies for any inconvenience as we work on QuickBooks Desktop support.
To migrate from Sync for QuickBooks to the next-generation replacement Commerce Sync, you can perform the steps provided in this guide. For a summary of differences between the two offerings, visit this article.
1. Go to the following link and bookmark it for future use.
Note that it is a Commerce Sync hosted site that is co-branded with Authorize.Net
2. You will be immediately redirected to Authorize.Net and prompted to log in using the same credentials you use to login to Authorize.Net merchant interface (account.authorize.net).
3. You will be prompted to authorize Commerce Sync read-only access to your Authorize.Net account data. (Note: currently you will be prompted to do this every time you attempt to access Commerce Sync Dashboard).
4. Connect to QuickBooks Online exactly as you have done with Sync for QuickBooks in the past.
5. After connecting to QuickBooks and verifying configuration setup, you will be prompted regarding whether you would like to consume the optional "Customer Detail" feature. This transfers each transaction with customer detail, if present, instead of batch summaries. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions (your current contact, or email@example.com).
6. Activation on the new solution is now complete! From here, during pilot:
- We will immediately cease transfers from your Sync for QuickBooks connection unless you instruct us not to (although that will duplicate data, perhaps you would like a side-by-side comparison). It helps if you let us know you've activated or disconnect your QB account, but we will be getting regular alerts for new activations.
- We intend to operate the transfer manually, rather than the overnight automation. This is to help ensure the best experience.
- We can also provide any type of historical activity you would like - although we will want to move deliberately.