The Commerce Sync for Desktop app on your computer is pointing to the original company file location that you connected to. You can see this in the app, when you open it from your computer. In the below screen shot you can see in the green highlighted area the file path and name of the company file that each point of sale is connected to.
Here are the steps to connect it to a different company file:
- In QuickBooks open the new or correct company file that you want to connect to.
- Open the Commerce Sync for Desktop app.
- Double-click on your merchant ID in the app and then click the Disconnect button and then Yes.
- The Commerce Sync for Desktop app will step through connecting to your point of sale (Clover, Square, etc.) account. Sign into your point of sale. (For Clover you may have to select the correct location and open the Commerce Sync app from your Clover Home Page in this step.)
- Make sure your company file is open in QuickBooks and click Continue.
- You will see installation complete, click View Dashboard.
- At this point the Commerce Sync for Desktop app is familiarizing itself to your company file. This can take a while. The green arrows will spin and when they are finished, you are ready for the next step.
- Click View under Settings, from here review your settings and edit as needed. They will have been reset with the switch to the new company file.
After you have made these changes, Commerce Sync will transfer to the new company file the following day.