Here are the manual steps to enter your sales information from Clover.
- Log into your Clover.com account.
- Open the Reporting app from your Clover Home Page
- Select one day to review.clo
Creating the Invoice with your sales information on it:
From the Reporting app, you'll find these pieces of information:
- The Tender Stats total will be the total of your invoice, this is your total sales for the day
- Refund, discounts and tips will be displayed in the Summary
- Each individual Tender Stat payment method will be the total of the payment you receive on the invoice
- On the Taxes tab, you will find your taxable totals and non-taxable totals
Creating the invoice in QuickBooks Online:
- Log into your Quickbooks account
- Click on Sales (left) --> Customer (top) --> Clover Customer (click on the name in the list)
- Click on the green Transaction button (top right) and then select Invoice in the list
- For the Invoice Date, enter in the date of the sales
- Adding your taxable and non-taxable sales:
- Under the Product/Service column, enter 'Clover Item'.
- In the description type in Non-taxable Sales
- Enter in the total amount for Non-taxable from your Clover Reporting app, Taxes tab
- Repeat steps 1 - 4 for the Taxable sales
- Check the Tax column
- Adding in any refunds, discounts or tips
- Under the Product/Services column, enter in the appropriate item (Clover Discounts, Clover Tips, etc.)
- Enter in the total amount of refunds, discounts or tips from your Clover Reporting app, Payments tab
- If the total amount of the invoice is slightly off from your Tender Stats total in Clover:
- Under the Product/Service column, enter in Clover Tax Offset
- Enter in a + or - amount to get the total amount of the invoice to equal the total of the Tender Stats from your Clover Reporting App Tender Stats total
- Click Save and Close to save the invoice in QuickBooks
Creating the payments:
- In QuickBooks, on the invoice you've created in the steps above, click the Receive Payment button (top right)
- In QuickBooks, select the payment method for the first payment method type you are entering
- Select the bank account to Deposit to (typically Undeposited Funds)
- Enter the payment total from your Clover Reporting app Payment tab, from the Tender Stats area.
- Repeat this Receive Payment step for each payment type. You may need to create a generic "Clover Credit Card" payment type in QuickBooks so that you don't have to enter a card number.
We recommend working with your bookkeeper and accountant on any questions that you may have with this.