You can update your Commerce Sync settings to differentiate what Commerce Sync transfers for each location.
- Set up a Customer for the locations: In your accounting solution, create or identify distinct Customers for each location. For example, one would be called "Square Customer Uptown" and the other "Square Customer Downtown".
- Set up the tax rates:
- In your point of sale system, specifically create or identify your sales tax rates. For example, one tax rate would be called "Uptown City Tax Rate" and the other would be called "Downtown City Tax Rate".
- You will then, mimic these rates, with the exact names from your POS into your accounting solution.
- Refer to this article for questions on multiple tax rates.
- Install Commerce Sync in your other locations. For QuickBooks Desktop users, please see this article on adding new locations.
- Once you are installed and connected, open up your Commerce Sync Dashboard, access the Settings and update that location to have the Customer your created in Step 1.
Commerce Sync will transfer the sales for that location, into the company file, under the newly created Customer. You can customize your P & L to have the Customer break-down to see the locations broken out there.