If you are transferring your sales tax information through Commerce Sync for Square or Clover, you'll need to have your Sales Tax enabled in QuickBooks.
Below are instructions on how to enable Sales Tax in QuickBooks Online. After you have made these changes in QuickBooks, you'll need to turn on the Transfer Sales Tax feature in your Commerce Sync account. See steps below.
To Enable Sales Tax within QuickBooks Online:
- In the left-hand navigation, to Taxes. The Sales Tax Center appears.
- If you have no sales tax rates set up, click the Set Up Sales Tax Rates button or the Edit sales tax settings link to the right.
- You are directed to a screen that will ask for the address of the business you are setting up Sales Tax.
- You will be asked if you need to collect sales tax outside of the state your business is located.
- There are three boxes that will be have to be set Start of Tax Period, Filing Frequency and Start Date. These are set for QuickBooks reporting purposes. If you do not know this information it can always be changed. The information does have to be set, so please enter it to the best of your knowledge. Click on the 'Next' button and QuickBooks will set the tax rate and direct you back to the home screen.
If you need to make changes to your tax rate, after it is set, you would need to contact QuickBooks support 1-800-446-8848.
Enable Sales Tax in the Commerce Sync Settings
Again, after you have made these changes in QuickBooks, you'll need to turn on the Transfer Sales Tax feature in your Commerce Sync account. Read more about Settings for QuickBooks.
- Open your Commerce Sync app
- From the Dashboard click on View under Settings
- Check the Transfer Sales Tax checkbox
- Click Save/Retry at the bottom of the screen.