If you are transferring your sales tax information through Commerce Sync for Square, Clover or Stripe, you'll need to have your Sales Tax enabled in QuickBooks.
Below are instructions on how to enable Sales Tax in QuickBooks Online, how to add or edit your Sales Tax Rate and how to add or edit a Combined or Group Tax Rate. After you have made these changes in QuickBooks, you'll need to turn on the Transfer Sales Tax feature in your Commerce Sync account. See steps below.
To Enable Sales Tax within QuickBooks Online:
- In the left-hand navigation, to Taxes. The Sales Tax Center appears.
- If you have no sales tax rates set up, click the Set Up Sales Tax Rates button or the Edit sales tax settings link to the right
- If you already have sales tax rates set up, please see the section below titled Add/Edit Rates.
- Add your rates and agencies and click Save.
- In the left-hand navigation, to Taxes.
- In right-hand navigation you'll see a blue box titled Related Tasks, Click on Add/edit tax rates and agencies.
- Select the tax you'd like to edit and click the Edit button. Or to create a new sales tax rate, click the New button.
To setup a Sales Tax Combined or Group Rate:
- When creating a Tax Rate, select the Combined Tax Rate radio button.
- Fill in all the fields, with your separate rates under the Component area.
Enable Sales Tax in the Commerce Sync Settings
Again, after you have made these changes in QuickBooks, you'll need to turn on the Transfer Sales Tax feature in your Commerce Sync account. Read more about Settings for QuickBooks.
- Open your Commerce Sync app
- From the Dashboard click on View under Settings
- Check the Transfer Sales Tax checkbox
- Click Save/Retry at the bottom of the screen.