Transfer errors occur when there is a failure to transfer sales information into your accounting solution.
How to fix a transfer error:
- Go to the Commerce Sync Dashboard from your Point of Sale or payment system.
- If there are transfer errors, you'll see a red X like below:
Fixing and retrying your transfers:
- Click Fix and step through your settings, making sure that all of the settings are correctly selected. You should not see "Choose one..." in any of the drop-down boxes shown.
- Click Save and Retry at the bottom of the screen to attempt to clear the transfer error.
- If you have QuickBooks Desktop, Manually Sync Commerce Sync for Desktop after you Fix and Retry.
Common Reasons for Errors that require changes prior to the Fix and Retry:
- The most common reason for a transfer error is a communication problem with QuickBooks or Xero. Commerce Sync tried to transfer the sales activity, but there wasn't a response on the other side. If this is the case, the Fix and Retry steps above will transfer the sales activity right away.
- Your QuickBooks Online or Xero account is expired, please open your accounting solution and review your account settings to see if your account is turned on.
- You have taxes disabled in your Accounting Solution, but you have them turned on in Commerce Sync. Review Enable taxes in QB to fix this issue.
- The tax rate name in your point of sale is different than the tax rate name in QuickBooks or Xero. Rename the tax rate in your accounting solution to resolve this.
- You have multiple tax rates and are transferring to QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Online does not support multiple tax rates. Review this article on Multiple Tax Rates.
- You've Deleted Accounts or Items in your Accounting System. Your Commerce Sync setup possibly no longer contains the default Account, Items, Customer, etc. that we created upon activation. Please recreate these accounts and items or select a different item/account combination in your settings.
If you were able to resolve an issue listed above, review the steps above to Fix and Retry your transfers.
If you are not able to resolve these errors yourself (thanks for the effort!) please reach out to the Support Team by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are other less common issues that we can help you work through.