When connecting Commerce Sync to QuickBooks Desktop, occasionally we see this "Can't Open QuickBooks" message:
We see this error even when just one company file is open. Basically QuickBooks has opened too many versions of itself up and can't close those back down successfully.
On the phone with Intuit Support, we followed these instructions to solve this:
- Open your computers Task Manager (right click on the task bar at the bottom of your computer)
- Navigate to the Processes or Details tabs looking for multiple instances of QuickBooks processes running.
- The QBDBMgrN.exe is the culprit here in the Details tab
- Right click to close down the processes, leaving one open.
- Try the steps you were on again in the Commerce Sync connection
If you are still having issues, please click the Submit a Request below.